Monday, April 18, 2016

Summer Escapade at 8 Waves!


The summer's sweltering heat is apparently getting on my nerves. I can barely stand being in my room since the boiling high temperature is making me feel immediately sticky even right after freshening up. So during my Mom's previous birthday, I really gathered my guts and made a favor of spending her celebration in a form of wallowing in a pool somewhere near in Pampanga - her hometown. 
Fortunately, this gal's wish has been fulfilled. We decided to have a summer escapade at 8 Waves Water Park resort located at San Rafael, Bulacan. (Woohoo) What made it more exciting was the fact that my Lolo and some cousins were going to be with us. I was so stoked and all set! 



(#MickeyG's OOTD) Lol 


We got there 30 minutes before it hits 3 PM. Mr. Sun is still invading the sky and I cannot put my skin at risk yet by basking on it so we seized the moment by capturing some pictures first. 





Right after the mini-pictorial sesh, it's now time to change and strut on that swimsuit I've been wanting to clad of. :) 
GGSS Selfies! :) 


My swimwear is the usual two-piece with a classic tropica design but the bottom is a short-type since my parents won't let me expose too much skin. I also had to wear a yellow, see-through cover up because I feel so skimpy sans it. 






(With my Dad) 
(With my Mom) 


The shots above were taken in front of the wave pool. Since my I'm-afraid-to-get-dark radar can still detect Mr. Sun's rays, I decided to skip that pool for awhile and just save it for the night swimming. I I proceed to the covered pool first or the "Lap Pool"as what they call it. 





The lap pool is more like an olympic-sized pool with five divisions. The rightmost part is the shallowest - 4 feet, while the middle part has a depth of 4 and a half feet, and the leftmost part is the deepest with a depth 5 feet.  I was so astounded because the water felt so clean and refreshing, unlike to the other resorts' pools I got into wherein you'd be disgusted to dive deeper of its surface because it seems like a lot of people has already peed on it.Thumbs up for the water quality they have on the pools which I discovered is consistently checked. :) 


 

You know, I cannot stay on the lap pool forever; there's so much more to explore at 8 waves so I disembarked and wandered around. 

I found my two cousins having a thumping good time on the kiddie pool. 


Here's a view of their Safari Pool with a couple of slides - one for adults and one for kiddos. I was a bit disappointed though
because being a wild-eyed lass I am, I always seek for extremes, apparently the slide got no thrill at all. 
Here's their Grotto. Well, there's no much hype on it but a good spot for insta-worthy shots.

The time has come to hit those killah waves we've all been raving about! Here's the most sought after Wave Pool of 8 waves. 


The wave pool with 8 different kinds of waves. 

At first the waves weren't as luscious as I am expecting for, they were tranquil and soft. I even though they wouldn't get more immense and more rippling so I asked one of the lifeguards if they will switch it to its more forceful mode. He said the "real" waves shall start at 7 PM. After an hour of indulging to the wave pool's warm waters (probably because it's more exposed and more people are on it compared to the other pools) while grooving to the oh-so-good music played on the background (rave songs, honey), I couldn't be more delighted. But I just hateeeee the first part of their playlist because its songs remind me of something/someone not worth remembering at all. 

Oopsie, I digress. As the clock hits 7, almost all peeps on the waterpark lump themselves on the wave pool and whoa, the waves have transformed into forceful, crushing and successive. I was shouting all the stresses away as I dauntlessly thrust myself to the rage of waves. My parents were keep on pulling but I insist on telling them I can face the waves by myself. I even went to one of the deepest part of the pool and faced the waves! Haha. The place was filled with colossal cheers and whooping "whoas"
The key to prevent yourself from drowning is to have a good leap as the gigantic waves approach you. Just go against its flow and you'd have the best experience without putting your life at risk. 

Another trick is to stay at the shallow part of the pool and turn your back against the waves. Keep a good sense of back as it seemingly massage your back with the water's force. Make your body intact to where you are or else the water will transport you elsewhere and that would probably hurt.

Good thing the waterpark has a special promo this summer - during Fridays and weekends, you can stay and enjoy the place until 11 PM with a regular fee of 250 Pesos per head. (Children and senior citizen are discounted) 

We enjoyed the rest of our time hitting those waves and melting the heat of summer brings. I wouldn't say it was the best place to have a summer getaway but it wasn't that bad! :)  It was such a good opportunity to flee from the entire stress and bad vibes I constantly had to deal with due to overthinking and roasting weather. 

Thank you, Big G! 

'Til my next adventure,






























0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Ads 468x60px

Featured Posts

Social Media Links:

© Purple Crowned Princess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Purple Heart Background